- I’m reading Monday, March 10th at 8pm for the 5th Anniversary of the Franklin Park Reading Series in Brooklyn.
- I’m reading Tuesday, March 25 at 7pm with Joe Riippi and Sarah Gerard at McNally Jackson’s Bookstore in NYC.
- My Mad Men Inspired chapbook, Don Dreams and I Dream is available at Powells Books, and you can buy my first book of poems, Domestic Uncertainties, here.
- My first review for DON DREAMS AND I DREAM has gone live at HTML GIANT.
- Three of my Game of Thrones poems have been published in this month’s Poetry Magazine. Read them here.
- Some of my collages can be found here.
- I’m # 7 on Flavorwire’s “Poets Who Will Make You Care About Poetry.” They called me one of the “hardest working poets in NYC!”
- HORN! Reviews DOMESTIC UNCERTAINTIES over at The Rumpus:
Go get him!
Thanks to David Blumenshine & Michael Seidlinger for featuring: DON DREAMS AND I DREAM in this amazing company on Electric Literature !!
Check it out, here.
Read them, here.
“Oh, you would’ve liked a better ending!” she exclaims. “That’s too bad. Next time, show up to the right story.” She opens her heart and says, “Hmm, let’s see what is given to me today to write about.” She is hoping for a new page.
I want to be a self-starter, she thinks, I want to finish with sparks. And then she is little girl, catching fireflies in the summer. Each glow, a story; each glow, an ordinary sun.
She paces on the line; squeezes between two words and then line-jumps. She is glad to see the margin, and leans there for a minute. It bends, bridging into another margin. Even the heart has architecture, she thinks.
This is her great love: this figuring; this terror-slaying; this air raid of wonder.
I want to be involved with a stanza, she thinks. She wants something to call her own. A page turns. “I love you,” it says, “I love you.” “I love you.”
© Umansky 2014Follow @lady_bronte